Re: strange ./mu problem

From: Stephen Isard (S.IsardDeleteThis@ed.ac.uk)
Date: Wed Mar 21 2001 - 19:41:05 CET

Dumas Patrice wrote:

> ./mu -i fails saying /opt/mulinux/fdformat: no such file or directory.
> The same happens when it tries to use bzip2.
> with ls, the fdformat file is well recognized, when I look at it's
> content with less, for example it looks like a good old elf binary.
> But when I try to launch it with, for example (the same thing happens in
> ./mu)
> $./fdformat --help
> it says
> bash: ./fdformat: no such file or directory

That looks like the sort of behaviour that I get if I try to execute a
libc6 binary on a libc5 system. Maybe you can get the same thing in
reverse if your system doesn't have the libc5 dynamic loader. Do you
have /lib/ld-linux.so.1? What do you get if you run ldd on fdformat
and bzip2?

Good luck,

Stephen Isard