Re: installing x11

From: Jochen Cichon (joschi@vizzavi.net)
Date: Fri Mar 16 2001 - 09:25:48 CET

> Hello all together,
> I have this problem:
> I want to build the x11-addon disk under linux but it doesn t work.
> I ve done following things:
> - extrakt mulinux-file in one folder (/tmp/mulinx
> - then under root: ./mu -i
> - installation window came and I choiced x
> - insert a floppy and press okay
> - the answer of my computer was:
> - - - - - - - - - - - - -
> superformat: please wait
> - - - - - - - - - - - - -
> ./mu -i: /tmp/mulinux/fdformat: file or folder not found
> - - - - - - - - - - - - -
> copy x11 ....
> - after this nothing happens any more
> Does someone know an answer for this problem?

Jep. That means I don't know WHY but I know how to solve...

I can only think of not finding some libraries (maybe libc5??)...

But how to solve.

Most linux systems (debian, suse, mandrake...) have it's own fdformat
so just delete fdformat and make a softlink eg.
    ln -s /usr/bin/fdformat fdformat
And that'll do it.

PS: Do that for bzip2 also. May not be working if you want to extract
the mulinux files with " ./mu -u "

Ciao Jocehn