3C EtherLink III and network problems

From: Vesa-Pekka Palmu (vessu@dlc.fi)
Date: Fri Mar 09 2001 - 15:36:24 CET

My problem is following: My network doesnät seem to work.

I can't ping the mulinux box or ping for the mulinux box, the nic is
found correctly by the 3c509 module and I have specified the
following settings in the setup -f eth0

Card 3c509
io, irq NONE
ip 150.0.0.8
subnetmask 255.255.255.0
network 150.0.0.0
broadcast 150.0.0.255

hostname is depilap and the cabling is ok (I get the green link led
on my hub and on the NIC, the self-test of the NIC is also OK)

The settings of the nic are:

I/O 300h
Irq= 10
Full-dublex= Disabled
Plug and Pray = Disabled
Optimize drivers as= Server

So do you have any ideas about what might be wrong?

Registered Linux user number 189403
Registered Linux machines 83873 & 83874

"We are the Windows. Your life as you knew it is over. Your biological and
technological identities will be removed from our own. stability is irrelevant.
Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated."

Vesa-Pekka Palmu AKA Depili
E-mail: depili@sci.fi
ICQ#: 12379430