Re: Mulinux setup with ext2 partition

From: Guido Sintoni (gsintoni@katamail.com)
Date: Mon Mar 05 2001 - 09:29:40 CET

Andrew Criswell wrote:

> Hello All:
>
> I am having trouble installing Mulinux on my machine. I hope someone can
> help me out.
>
> I have a Digital DEC 486SL with 123 MB HDD and 8 MB of RAM. I have formatted
> the machine with a Linux ext2 primary partition and 16 MB Linux swap logical
> partition.
>
> I have the Mulinux version 11-8 on a collection of floppies and they work (I
> tried them out on another machine).
>
> When I try to install Mulinux, I get as far as the first boot floppy. I can
> load the USR partition. But then, when I move to the next floppy, I can get
> no further than 22% completed.
>
> In general, my question is this: is it possible to install Mulinux without
> any reliance on MS DOS?

I don't think it depends on the filesystem of your hd, but on your
lacking RAM: I had the same trouble when I tried to install the same
version you tried to (11-r8) on a 486/50-8M and the PC freezed @ 22% of
SRV addon.
Evereything worked after cloning muLinux on a hd, using a similar PC
(486-32) with more RAM.

> Thank you,
> ANDREW
>
> Professor of Finance