Re: mu[OT]

From: Vesa-Pekka Palmu (vessu@dlc.fi)
Date: Thu Feb 08 2001 - 08:17:51 CET

> Put it this way, for the price these dealers are asking for 486 systems I can get a brand new Abit m/board, Athlon processor and haggle for some ram into the bargain. Typicaly UKP 159 for 486sx 200meg hd 8 meg ram, no cd, 14 in vga monitor. Preloaded with Windows 3.11, Microsh..t office but
of course no original cd's.

that's just plain daylight robbere to me!

I salaged TWO 486dx machines from our school for free (displays
not included, but the had nice little 3-com etherlink III nics...) I have
even some spare motherboard under my bed, but I'm sorry that I
can't send them to you, as the postage would simply bee little too
expensive. but if you can invent some way to get a borad to there, I
can give one of them to you. [you get to choose I have a 386 bord
for a bard computer, with integrated display adapter and soldered in
CPU, integrated IDE and a very load integrated PC-speaker :) or a
486 motherboard (able to accept pentium chips too, i think. and a
486 DX 66 Mhz processor, the board has no integrated gizmos
expect for the PC-speaker, so no IDE... and only 6 16-bit ISA
slots.)

Registered Linux user number 189403
Registered Linux machines 83873 & 83874

"We are the Windows. Your life as you knew it is over. Your biological and
technological identities will be removed from our own. stability is irrelevant.
Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated."

Vesa-Pekka Palmu AKA Depili
E-mail: depili@sci.fi
ICQ#: 12379430