Re: mu[OT]

From: Dave Houghton (mulinux@blueyonder.co.uk)
Date: Wed Feb 07 2001 - 21:32:40 CET

On Tue, Feb 06, 2001 at 08:18:34PM -0800, Bob Romprey wrote:
> What does a 386 board go for over there???
> winsor

Haven't seen 386 boards for a long time around here (If you discount the optimistic soul trying to get UKP 129 for complete system 100meg hd 4meg ram !!!!)

Put it this way, for the price these dealers are asking for 486 systems I can get a brand new Abit m/board, Athlon processor and haggle for some ram into the bargain. Typicaly UKP 159 for 486sx 200meg hd 8 meg ram, no cd, 14 in vga monitor. Preloaded with Windows 3.11, Microsh..t office but of course no original cd's.

I've got cases and psu's here so all I need is the mboard to implement the router in the same way you are doing (plan 2 in your post to Michele). I'm going to use a boot rom on the eth card to implement startup via bootp so don't need fd, hd, or cd.

Think I'll move to your side of the pond as the cost of imported silicon and components over here for my business is getting ridiculous ( no Digi-key over here mate :-((( )

--
Dave muLinux UK mirror