Re: [OT]Linux and ADSL?

From: Lars.Nordstrom@abc.se
Date: Fri Jan 26 2001 - 04:09:34 CET

Hello.

On 2001-01-25 mulinux@sunsite.dk said:

 mu>I'm asking that because I don't have the courage to hook windoze
 mu>machine to the net with static IP, because I don't want all my data
 mu>leaking to the net...
 mu>If you say that it can be done, but it is hard, then I have to pay a
 mu>little extra for the company to install that adapter for me [GRIN],
 mu>because the don't say anywhere that a windoze machine is
 mu>required..(the little sadist in me is saying "Make them install it
 mu>on mu!" :] )
 mu>So any advise is welcome.

 Take a look at http://lrp.c0wz.com/ (yes, there _is_ the character zero
 in the URL) and read about LRP.

 It seems to be quite common in the US to put an LRP box between your
 LAN and your xDSL connection.

 I read the mailing list for quite a while until I started with muLinux,
 after that I don't have any time left. :-)

 I have set up an LRP (2.9.4) box that talks to my modem (not ADSL)
 while surfing, and (I hope) it keeps out most of the script kiddies.

 There are several projects for this purpose, you might find another
 that suits you better.

Regards,
Lars

"The meek shall inherit what they're bloody well given." -BOFH

Net-Tamer V 1.10.1 - Registered