[mu TECH] install

From: Karlheinz Koerber (Karlheinz.Koerber@t-online.de)
Date: Thu Jan 25 2001 - 22:20:14 CET

Yesterday, just for fun, I took my old 386SX with 8 MB RAM and installed
11r6 from DOS _without any problem_, as usual using muLinux. :-)) Thank
You Michele for Your great work ! What I did :

md \mulinux ( mulinux-11r6.tgz , dostools.zip, all addons )
pkunzip dostools.zip
unpack.bat
boot.bat
[2] direct UMSDOS installation
[0] reboot
linux.bat
Swap-space setup 3) create a swapfile local to actual filesystem [
UMSDOS ] /swap/linux.swp 16 MB
setup -s standard

To say it again : _no problems at all_, only a few questions concerning
the installation routine.

After installation I found a new file linux.swp in my directory
\mulinux, which seems to remain there forever, wasting 16 MB of space on
my small HD. Did the installer only forget to delete it, the real swap
is using 16 MB in UMSDOS filesystem !

Using the MSDOS-command "tree" to see the directory structure of my HD,
I am always asked for a password for /dumper, /eperl, /period, /hires,
/pasewor, /zlib, /base64 and /readkey in the subdirectory /perl. Why ?

BTW Michele, are You interested in about 10 or 12 small typo's I've seen
during the installation process or let's say this is part of that
fractured english we all like ? Please let me know.

Greetings from Germany
Karlheinz