[OT]Linux and ADSL?

From: Vesa-Pekka Palmu (vessu@dlc.fi)
Date: Thu Jan 25 2001 - 19:39:46 CET

I'm just wonderin how easy it is to get a ADSL adapter to work
under "moder" linux ditribution? As I'm thinking of getting one,
because the cost of phonecalls is going up _AGAIN_ in finland (it's
sad, 3 years ago I could make a 12 hour call for 48p [about 1/12
USD] and now I have to pay 50p just for picking the phone up and
after that I have to pay 6p/min...)

I'm asking that because I don't have the courage to hook windoze
machine to the net with static IP, because I don't want all my data
leaking to the net...

If you say that it can be done, but it is hard, then I have to pay a
little extra for the company to install that adapter for me [GRIN],
because the don't say anywhere that a windoze machine is
required..(the little sadist in me is saying "Make them install it on
mu!" :] )

So any advise is welcome.

Registered Linux user number 189403
Registered Linux machines 83873 & 83874

"We are the Windows. Your life as you knew it is over. Your biological and
technological identities will be removed from our own. stability is irrelevant.
Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated."

Vesa-Pekka Palmu AKA Depili
E-mail: depili@sci.fi
ICQ#: 12379430