Re: The long gone depate of add-on structure

From: Michele Andreoli (m.andreoli@tin.it)
Date: Mon Jan 15 2001 - 20:20:25 CET

On Mon, Jan 15, 2001 at 06:20:22PM +0200, Vesa-Pekka Palmu nicely wrote:
> As yopu can remember, there has been much talk about the add-
> on structure, mainly moving all add-on releted setup information to
> the add-ons itself and adding a small "info black" to the begining of
> each add-on floppy.
>
> I thinkt that it would be great to implement such a feature, BUT it
> isnät necesery to move each add-on to use this new method now,
> just so that making of 3rd-party addons would be MUCH easier this
> way, and so making it easier to make customized add-ons.
>
> What do you think of this?

I'm not able to see this big running in making 3rd-party addons.
Anycase, any add-on comes with a "prolog" script. This script
can easy move material under setup/, if required, or run 'setup'
itself over own *.fun

# -- prolog

echo "XYZ" >> /setup/model/order
cp my_setup_dir/XYZ.fun /setup/fun
setup XYZ
# end prolog

In summing up, I wish I had some kind of affirmative message to leave
you with, I don't. Would you take two negative messages? - Woody Allen