Re: Serial connection

From: Angel Martín Alganza (ama@ugr.es)
Date: Fri Jan 12 2001 - 13:25:23 CET

On Thu, 11 Jan 2001, Michele Andreoli wrote:

> You can read the file /usr/doc/help/pc2pc under mulinux. I suppose

Wonderfull... I go and read now :)

> you can run two muLinux in both end, isn't?

Mmmhhh... well... the "server" end is an Sparc clone with Debian 2.2
(potato) which I need to keep as it is now. It has two serial ports, and I
can use any of the two. I'm looking for information on how to set up a PPP
serial server on that end.

> The serial cable is plugged in COM1 on the A PC and in COM2 in the
> B pc. The computer A is choosen as 'server'.

Optimal setting would be the other way around for me, since my "client" is
a notebook with only one serial connection (/dev/tty0 - COM1). My server
is the one I have described above.

Angel