Serial connection

From: Angel Martín Alganza (ama@ugr.es)
Date: Thu Jan 11 2001 - 15:04:23 CET

Hello,

I would like to do a serial connection between my wonderfull muLinux
(v11r3 -soon v11r4) 486 notebook (which doesn't have neither a CD-ROM
drive nor an ethernet card yet) and my Debian 2.2 IPC Sun clone box.

        I do have a serial cable which can connect my notebook's and my
WorkStation (through /dev/ttyS0)... but configuration needs to be done in
boths sides.

        Well... first of anything I should ask you, guys, is that
possible? And, if so, is it usable? I mean... can I transfer files between
both boxes via this serial conection?

        And, of course, would you be so kind to point me to some
information on how to do it or help me guiding me through this
configuration proccess?

Thanks a lot.
Angel (everyday more and more impressed by Linux, muLinux and iNet ppl)