Re: Upgrading from v11r3 to v11r4

From: Angel Martín Alganza (ama@ugr.es)
Date: Thu Jan 11 2001 - 13:02:31 CET

On Wed, 10 Jan 2001, Michele Andreoli wrote:

> I released only a new mulinux-11r4.tgz. Wish you to help me?

        Sure! I will be much more than happy if I can contribute something
(I am having so much from muLinux and this mailing list that I would feel
extremely happy to be able to give something back (even when it's
something as simple as reporting on my testings).

> Unpack this archive in c:\patch. Now, mount the DOS disk in muLinux,
> for example under /mnt.
> Now type "upgrade" and referece /mnt/patch as source for the patch.
> Please, report what will happen.
>
> If you have more disk space on the DOS, first backup your c:\linux, so
> you can revert to original.

        I do have plenty of space (340MB HD) to play with... but... how
should I back it up? From DOS? From muLinux?

Thanks,
Angel