Re: Upgrading from v11r3 to v11r4

From: Michele Andreoli (m.andreoli@tin.it)
Date: Wed Jan 10 2001 - 23:29:49 CET

On Wed, Jan 10, 2001 at 04:53:23PM +0000, Angel Martín Alganza wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have muLinux v11r3 installed in several boxes now and am very happy with
> it, although I know I still have to learn a lot about it... which is
> something I always like, of course.
>
> I want to upgrade to the new (still warm :) v11r4. I have been
> looking through the documentation and, in the muLinux FAQ (which I find
> very usefull, by the way) I have found the following:
>
> ]5.18 Is there an easy way of upgrading to the newest version of mulinux?
> ]
> ]If you wish to upgrade to a new major release, the best thing is to
> ]install from scratch, removing also c:\linux, if you use UMSDOS. I know,
> ]this is a crude solution, but muLinux is full-configured, so you lose
> ]relatively nothing.
>
> Is this also true when it refers to a revision? As I understand
> from here, upgrading to a major release would be changing from v10 to v11,
> while changing from one revision (v11r3) to another (v11r4) might be
> different (or not?).
>
> Thank you and greetings,
> Angel

I released only a new mulinux-11r4.tgz. Wish you to help me?
Unpack this archive in c:\patch. Now, mount the DOS disk in muLinux,
for example under /mnt.
Now type "upgrade" and referece /mnt/patch as source for the patch.
Please, report what will happen.

If you have more disk space on the DOS, first backup your c:\linux, so
you can revert to original.

Sent using mulinux, with mutt, smail and other GPL'ed software