Re: No space left on device...

From: Michele Andreoli (m.andreoli@tin.it)
Date: Sun Jan 07 2001 - 14:13:03 CET

Wilfried Ruhe wrote:

> Hi !
>
> Installed the mulinux (11r3) from DOS on a floppy (1772k) and teh add
> ons SRV and WKS. I did as dicribed in "muLinux install from DOS" when I
> then boot muLinux I answered all questions as default.
> Some Options I want to be installed (Network etc) later on I got the
> message
> "no Space left on device" (or something like that).
> The rootdrectory ist complete full 100% on /dev/ram0
> What can I do, to get a working System???
> Must the root directory become bigger? or must I delete some
> Fiels from root-directory??

Unfortunately, there is in 11r3 a critical inodes number problem on the /
ramdisk.
The problem appears only when muLinux is used totally in RAM. You can
clone in the HD, to fix the problem.

As alternative, you have to rebuild the first floppy by yourself, under
muLinux.

1. put the base archive in and ext2 (Linux) partition.
2. run "mu -u", to unpack the archive.
3. edit mu.conf and enlarge the ROOT_RAW_SIZE of 100k
4. rebuild the floppy disk: mu -r

This is fixed in 11r4, but I can't upload because my computer is defunct,
currently.