Re: initrd

From: Michele Andreoli (m.andreoli@tin.it)
Date: Wed Nov 29 2000 - 14:54:50 CET

On Wed, Nov 29, 2000 at 11:31:54AM +0100, Dumas Patrice nicely wrote:
> Hi,
> I tested mu 10r5 with a classical initrd, it works. I did the following
> things :
> I changed 2 things in the mu script :
> 1) ROOT.gz isn't copied on the disk after BOOT, but rather copied in
> tree/startup/boot/
> USR_OFFSET is now BOOT_SIZE. And to build the floppy, there is a cat
> BOOT.raw USR.bzip2 > /dev/fd0 as now ROOT.gz is in BOOT.raw.
> 2) I changed make_lilo(), so that there is in the mulinux image section,
>
> initrd=/boot/ROOT.gz

Bravo. You instructed the LILO to load the ramdisk, without the
need to specify a ramdisk_start, I well understod? In this case,
it use info from the map file to locate the image in the device.

In summing up, I wish I had some kind of affirmative message to leave
you with, I don't. Would you take two negative messages? - Woody Allen