Re: muLinux v11r2 released

From: Michele Andreoli (m.andreoli@tin.it)
Date: Thu Nov 23 2000 - 13:34:38 CET

On Wed, Nov 22, 2000 at 10:19:10PM +0100, Arvid Nymoen nicely wrote:

> Eagerly trying my usual UMSDOS installation in c:\linux:
>
> Ah, finally a release that works well at first attempt
> - just like the good old ones (mu9.5 and older...)
> A smooth setup with no hanging, ppp connection to my ISP working
> at first try ( - if the user understands to ask for Setup -f isp.
> That setup should appear automatically, I think, when choosing
> the profile of Connnection to the internet.)

Maybe I will add separated dialog setup for unwilling users: a sort
of "pppconfig", or Internet Wizard. It ask only the basics for the
Internet connection, then also starts the link.

The new dialog script will fill the proper /setup/cnf relevant
values, etc.

In summing up, I wish I had some kind of affirmative message to leave
you with, I don't. Would you take two negative messages? - Woody Allen