Re: active list and journal function

From: Michele Andreoli (m.andreoli@tin.it)
Date: Thu Nov 23 2000 - 13:41:53 CET

[
Your answer is being faq'ed. I noramlly signal with the keyword
[faq'ed]. If an user dislike that, please send me an email within
2 days.
]

On Wed, Nov 22, 2000 at 11:50:10PM +0100, Mark Roberts nicely wrote:

> (1) if on a multiuser system, ask your system admin to create a new user.
> Subscribe that new user to all the mailing lists you are interested in.
>
> (2) create or find a mailbox-parser that moves all messages from
> sunsite.dk to a sepaerate folder. In MuLinux this is an exercise for lex
> and gcc (GCC-addon).

The mutt mailread support the feature as built-in. But should be better
to use the popular "procmail": maybe, I will add fetchmail and procmail
in the next release: they are standard de-facto in the Linux community.
Procmail filter the incoming messages before to pass it to mail-reader
itself. It can span on more mailboxes, do autoreplies, discards, etc.

> Wake up, list! Give us some more interesting solutions!

I think 15-20 emails of 3k is not a big problem for me: I have no
other traffic at all. Are you the my friends!

In summing up, I wish I had some kind of affirmative message to leave
you with, I don't. Would you take two negative messages? - Woody Allen