Re: An ambitious idea(but a bit off-topic)

From: Gerrit Lammert (lammert@gmx.de)
Date: Fri Nov 10 2000 - 17:17:49 CET

Hi Michele,

> Zimmermann is a very, very clever guy: it added
> in pgp a routine that detect if manual are absent from the system
> and it refuse to work.

What a way for a poet to get his work read.
just write something you want the peolpe to read, then write an incredible
excellent Software (some mathematics-software for example, that you give the
question (in no special form) and it than explains to you, what it does to
solve it and why it does it that way) implement this routine and, voila, all
that want to use the prog have to read his masterpiece. ;-))

> How to add a similar feature in muLinux? Can I add some question,
> at random intervall, and if user can't answer, I will shutdown
> the machine? :-))

Hehe...

> Q: what is the major number of the second floppy driver?
you mean 1? (fd1)

> Q: what release number are you running?
10r0

> Q: is a floppy 1722k really a different media from 1440k?
nop

> Q: where the kernel you are running is located?
ups, that one is tricky in /boot I guess?

> Q: Please, write down the name of the Linux kernel Author
Linus Torvalds

> Q: Miquel van Smoorenburg, chi era costui?
Naja, das war dann wohl irgend so ein wichtiger Typ (Italiener nehme ich
an). ;-))

But now (more serious):
What about a kind of support-collector-formular-script?
Implemented in muLinux, which by it self collects data as the
version-number, wich devices are installed...
If a user submits a Problem, you will be sent the relevant information about
system to.

Problem is: If mailsystem or network doesn't work, this can't help either.
:-(

Just an idea...

...gerrit