Re: An ambitious idea(but a bit off-topic)

From: Michele Andreoli (m.andreoli@tin.it)
Date: Fri Nov 10 2000 - 09:10:40 CET

On Thu, Nov 09, 2000 at 05:32:51PM -0800, winsor SMP nicely wrote:
> Well Michele,
>
> I guess that goes to show that many do not read the "readme" or "help" files*embarrased grin*

Yes, you are right: full embarassing because if I really like Linux
this is because I like much to read Howtos, Readme, Release-notes,
changelog and everythink in text form comes with an installed
package. This kind of text is so ... human, compared with Windows
help files, that seems produced with an Artificial-Intelligence tool.

I have just read the two part of "PGP User Guide", by P. Zimmermann:
two piece of art, at the cost of paper, for me. I like much the
Zimmermann english. I'm studing him, in the purpose to ampliate my
vocabulary (for grammar, I've no hope: this requires regular
courses at school).

Zimmermann is a very, very clever guy: it added
in pgp a routine that detect if manual are absent from the system
and it refuse to work.

How to add a similar feature in muLinux? Can I add some question,
at random intervall, and if user can't answer, I will shutdown
the machine? :-))

Example:

        Q: what is the major number of the second floppy driver?
        Q: what release number are you running?
        Q: is a floppy 1722k really a different media from 1440k?
        Q: where the kernel you are running is located?
        Q: Please, write down the name of the Linux kernel Author
        Q: Miquel van Smoorenburg, chi era costui?

and so on.
Answers in "close" format such "1. x 2: y " are welcome.

If someone on the list like to realize a similar training daemon,
I will add in muLinux ad it will run via "cron" at fix interval.
Much schools like to have it.

"I'd like to conclude with a positive statement, but I can't remember any.
Would two negative ones do?"			-- Woody Allen