Re: [mu BUG] A bug in the 10.x serie (sorry)

From: Arvid Nymoen (anymo@start.no)
Date: Sun Oct 29 2000 - 18:30:07 CET

At 17:11 29.10.00 +0100, MA wrote:
>On Sun, Oct 29, 2000 at 02:53:01PM +0100, Arvid Nymoen nicely wrote:

I call this lightening fast response from you, excellent!

>No, no: no problems at all. Thank you for the report. It is this kind
>of suggestion the helps me to make a better system.
>I will add nameserver also in setup/isp.
>You, knowing about previous release, are used to call "ppp" the
>internet connection, but logically, for a total newbie, the word
>"isp" is also more expressive

I agree to that, but I was accustomed to ppp from other linux versions.

> or I've to call it "internet"?
>A "setup internet" may works for you?

That would explain the purpose to dumb me - and hopefully to others.

>Please, try to understand also the "programmer's point of view":
>the code in the setup/network is common to 4-5 differents
>network setup. This is the basic motivation.

Yes, by wishing it simple for a nonprogrammer I perhaps do
your job more difficult. But you are the boss, you have the grand view,
see a lot more of the details and can decide what is best for your intended
users.

>> back to the early 90s I once experienced a fault in a program under Win3.1
>> that destroyed 1.100 files in one second...)
>We have this virus also in Unix: it is called "rm -r" :-)

In my case it was a part of the fat being destroyed.

>I'm on the list of un-satisfied.

And that drives you further. Good for the rest of us!

Arvid