Re: mu 7 disk/mu setup/mu tech

From: Dumas Patrice (dumas@centre-cired.fr)
Date: Sun Sep 10 2000 - 23:22:27 CEST

Hi,

> After downloading of the base version 9r5 and the addons in a directory
>
> "/home/niten/....../mulinux and in a terminal I write "mu -i", it don't
>
> work, I see the commands of floppy manager but it answer "mknod:
> /dev/fd0h1722: operazione non permessa (not allowed operation).

You have to do mu -i as root, as it formats a floppy.

> If I enter like a root "mu" is unknown.

It is because
/home/niten/....../mulinux
is not in root's path.

just do instead
./mu -i

Pat

note : I think that . is in your user's PATH, that's why it is known by the
shell, but I think it is not in root's PATH. I have been told that it is
not necessarily a good think to have . in PATHs, for security reasons, but
in fact I don't know why.