Re: mu 7 disk/mu setup/mu tech

From: Clive Wright (clive_wright@telinco.co.uk)
Date: Mon Sep 11 2000 - 00:06:13 CEST

alessandro wrote:

> Hi, I'm a new Linux fan from Italy, than after knew varius Linux
> distribution (Red
> Hat, Suse an Mandrake ) don't want use windog.
>
> Now I use Mandrake 7.1 and I like it a lot.
>
> I have discovered mulinux web page and have tried to use it.
>
> After downloading of the base version 9r5 and the addons in a directory
>
> "/home/niten/....../mulinux and in a terminal I write "mu -i", it don't
>
> work, I see the commands of floppy manager but it answer "mknod:
> /dev/fd0h1722: operazione non permessa (not allowed operation).
>
> If I enter like a root "mu" is unknown

As root cd to /home/niten/....../mulinux, then issue
command, "./mu -i"
then all should be ok.
It is probable that you have "." in your path when logged on
as a user but not when logged on as root, though I would not
advise changing it.
For interest you can view your path with the command, "echo
$PATH"

I have Cc this to you in the event that my posting to the
list is rejected as has often happened recently. My
apologies if this message is duplicated.