Re: fetchmail

From: Arvid Nymoen (anymo@powertech.no)
Date: Sun Sep 10 2000 - 22:59:36 CEST

I have been wondering about the same thing. In my
experience mu fetchmail has not been working since
mu 7.6. I've tried ver. 8.3, 9.4, 9.5 - all refuse
to collect email.
The fetchmail log in in \var\log says among other things:

-> got [+OK User name accepted, password please]
sent [pass 12345678] (Except that I send my real password...)
expect [*open*]
-> got [-ERR Null command]

In mu ver.6.4 and ver.7.6 which are my favorite versions everything
is ok. I use them when i need a onedisk linux solution.
(With newer versions installed on a hard drive I use X and the mail part
of Netscape 3.01.)
Arvid