Re: RAmdisk&umsdos+startup speed

From: Vesa-Pekka Palmu (vessu@dlc.fi)
Date: Sat Jul 08 2000 - 08:09:15 CEST

> Perfectly. This message, "16 ramdisk", in only related to "rd" module,
> the ramdisk support in the kernel. All in muLinux uses RAM, because
> the filesystem is in RAM, and programs executable uses RAM. The temporary
> disk (/tmp) uses a own ramdisk, with a default size 2048k.
> During the Setup/tmp the user has the possibility to change this value.

Well I have made a ext2 install of mu on my laptop (IBM thinkpad
360) so I would like to have all my ram avaible for programs and on
wasted to some ramdisks that the ext2 installation doesn't require.

And also is there any way to get rid of theise Configure: Fax:
unwanted COnfigure IRC: unwanted etc. staces of boot up,
because the make you most of my boot-up time (wich is quite long
on my laptop)

"We are the NORN. Your life as you knew it is over. Your biological and
technological identities will be added to our own. Bibble is irrelevant.
Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated."
http://creatures2.com http://creatures.co.uk

Vesa-Pekka Palmu AKA Depili
E-mail: depili@sci.fi
ICQ#: 12379430