Re: RAmdisk&umsdos+startup speed

From: Michele Andreoli (m.andreoli@tin.it)
Date: Fri Jul 07 2000 - 21:23:45 CEST

On Fri, Jul 07, 2000 at 05:14:01PM +0200, Jef Knoors nicely wrote:
> Well, don't feel bad about it, I'm kind of newbie too.
> I'm into linux stuff for a year now, and I don't know what that 16
> ramdisk stuff means, but I do know that it doesn't consume any ram. I
> guess it means to have the ability to use 16 ramdisks, if you want to

Perfectly. This message, "16 ramdisk", in only related to "rd" module,
the ramdisk support in the kernel. All in muLinux uses RAM, because
the filesystem is in RAM, and programs executable uses RAM. The temporary
disk (/tmp) uses a own ramdisk, with a default size 2048k.
During the Setup/tmp the user has the possibility to change this value.