Re: New - Networking Question

From: Robert Hoover (rhoover@ricochet.net)
Date: Mon Jun 19 2000 - 13:25:56 CEST

Ok I went and got a much newer version of the muLinux 9r4 I believe.

Well I did the install set up but for some reason I cant get it to ping
the LAN its on :(

So I am kinda stuck there also how hard is it to add MC ? I HATE vi with
a passion.

Next question is how does ftp work ? The seti files I want to get are on
my FTP server on my lan but I haven't a clue as to how to get it to try
and connect to it.

Color me stupid, I don't have these problems with my other linux boxes
:)

as for the local info here you go : /etc/net.conf

interface=eth0
use_dhcp=n
hostname=SetiTwo
domain="ricochet.net"
ipaddr=192.168.0.87
broadcast=192.168.1.255
gateway="192.168.0.72"
network=192.168.1.0 ( this one confused me a little, I have tried to
change this to 192.168.0.0 and it wont save it )
netmask=255.255.255.0
nameserver="198.6.1.1"

so why wont it allow me to change the network to 0.0 ?

-Robert