Re: New - Networking Question / Midnight Commander's invisibility

From: Alfie Costa (agcosta@gis.net)
Date: Tue Jun 20 2000 - 21:03:36 CEST

On 19 Jun 2000, at 7:25, Robert Hoover <mulinux@sunsite.auc.dk> wrote:

> So I am kinda stuck there also how hard is it to add MC ? I HATE vi with
> a passion.

If by 'MC' you mean Midnight Commander, that is easy to install. I believe
it's on the VNC addon disk, so if you install VNC, then you've got 'mc' too.

NB: Has anyone noticed that 'mc' is no longer mentioned on the muLinux
homepage? A case-insensitive search of 'mc' or 'midni' here:

http://sunsite.auc.dk/mulinux/

...shows nothing, nor is there any mention of it in the main readme.html...

http://sunsite.auc.dk/mulinux/mu/readme.html

...in "19. The muLinux VNC addon", it says only: "XVnc X-Server (from Virtual
Network Computing) and relative clients; SVGA-lib; zgv thumbnail image viewer.
X11 required."