Re: [muTech] Allocating ramdisks

From: HTom4722@aol.com
Date: Sat Jun 17 2000 - 18:17:13 CEST

In a message dated 6/17/00 11:00:50 AM Central Daylight Time,
jknoors@zonnet.nl writes:

I think Michele means that each of the addons has the ramdisk number(s)
hard coded into the addon's code, so dymanic allocation is not possible.

If one of the Logical Volume Managers (those things that combine physical
drives into a bigger logical drive) were tiny (but they are not), it could
combine
ram0...ram15 into a larger ramtotal but this would still break all of the
install code.