Re: [mu download distribution organization] was: A new EXT.tgz

From: HTom4722@aol.com
Date: Sat Jun 17 2000 - 18:27:51 CEST

In a message dated 6/17/00 3:05:32 AM Central Daylight Time,
m.andreoli@tin.it writes:

> > For the muLinux releases, 9r5b/ muLinux EXT TEX ... (with non-uploaded
> files
> > being
> > linked to previous versions, perhaps, so newbies to mu don't have to
> search
> > them out, or a readme saying "current VNC in 8r3" would seem to work
well.)

> There was a lot of addons unchanged since a log time: at any new release
> I have to to create link with old archive? Mmmm ...

That's why the readme file, which I inadvertantly didn't put in the display:

    downloads
       readme
           "current VGA in past 3r6b/
            current TEX in past 4r3b/
            current VNC in past 4r2b/
            current muLinux in 9rb3
            future SVGAs in 9r5b { -1, -2, -3 are known broken}
           "
        past/
        current/
        future/

Once the addon moves into "historical release", it can be ignored until
there's a accepted new release. No links needed at all.

htom