RE: mulinux on a large (non-floppy) drive

From: Emmanuel Thiry (ethiry@itechno.com)
Date: Thu May 25 2000 - 16:27:29 CEST

On mulinux@sunsite.auc.dk, Michele Andreoli[SMTP:m.andreoli@tin.it] wrote:
> On Wed, May 24, 2000 at 03:28:35PM +0200, Emmanuel Thiry nicely wrote:
> > Hi,
> > Have anyone ever tried to build a mulinux to boot from a single and
larger
> > than 1722k drive ?
> > I'm thinking of something like a Zip or a Disk On Chip.
> >
> > Emmanuel Thiry
>
> Hello, Emmanuel. muLinux (while it running, "in corpore vili") can be
> cloned in a CDROM or in a ZIP floppy: command /bin/roclone.
>
> I have both: a 100 mega zip floppy (it start from DOS with boot.bat) and
> a CDROM, booting with el-torito.
>
> Michele

Clone doesn't meet my needs. I, like Jerry Beckmann, want to have the
bootable compressed image of mulinux on the disk on chip and run the system
in RAM.
I'm working on this issue right now. I will try to preserve the structure
of modular addons, except that they will all be stored on the same media.

Emmanuel Thiry