Re: samba mini distibution

From: Michele Andreoli (m.andreoli@tin.it)
Date: Sat May 13 2000 - 19:16:03 CEST

On Sat, May 13, 2000 at 03:26:03PM +0200, Jef Knoors nicely wrote:
> Understand that I did deleted a lot of big files and changed the mu script
> (erased: grep local|)
> Also speeded up the bootproces by deleting unused *.fun files
> Never the less, I believe this kind of disk could be a new entry for people
> to get to know muLinux.
> And I will send the BOOT ROOT and USR files to Karl-Heinz so he can see what
> to make of it.
> (raw image, or something else.) But first I will have a few minor changes to
> make to it.

A more elegant solution should be: to design a new super-clone script,
running under standard muLinux, able to create specialized single
floppy linux, using muLinux mounted material. This is a old idea of
mine.

> I will send the Howto later this month.
>
> About breaking the floppy:
> sorry, since I have no modem in that old 386 computer there were some
> application that didn't match my need.

Obvioulsy, Jef: I used the word "breaking", because I cannot adopt it
for standard muLinux itself.