Re: samba mini distibution

From: jef knoors (jknoors@zonnet.nl)
Date: Mon May 15 2000 - 16:24:53 CEST

I 've given it a deep thought this weekend, decided that there should come
no mini-Howto make the "NT-on -1-flop"
Custumising the first floppy in general would be the right subject.
According to the "readme.html" the should be a "custom.txt" but I couldn't
find it my self. Don't need it now any more.
Problem with customising like I did is, that you sacrefice the mount point
/usr/local so it isn't possible to load EXT-addon anymore.
Or the configurationfiles should go to /etc instead of /usr/local/etc.
Should there be another zipped file on the first disk containing your
faforite applications? perhaps call it CUSTOM.gz
Question is then, what should stay in the /usr/bin and what should go.
Where would the mountpoint of this CUSTOM.gz go ?

Main reason for creating the "NT-on-1-flop" is that I needed to prove to
myself that it is possible. I already gave a disk to a friend who is
studying MCSE.
There are people out there caught in the web of M$, who think there is no
other solution for there network then NT.
Consider this disk a promotion produkt of (mu)Linux.
I'll send the files to Karl-Heinz and you tomorrow, they need to be checked out and adapted in some ways.
Jef