Re: lynx?

From: CHARLES HENRY (Charles.Henry@tlc.state.tx.us)
Date: Fri May 12 2000 - 14:41:10 CEST

>>>So , you have a Amiga 1000 under linux?

No, it's a former Micro$oft Windoze machine that developed a bad disk controller or something. I'm not exactly sure what the problem was. It ate two hard drives and several floppies until I removed the hard drives physically and from the BIOS setup definition. I was able to bring it back to life with muLinux by building the disks on another machine, then locking the write protect tabs and booting from the floppies. They get mounted read-only and everything loads just fine. The box has a 486 DX-4 chip clocked at 100 Mz and 48 meg of RAM, and muLinux runs like a champ!

I call the machine Frankenstein since I literally brought it back from the dead....

Charles

>>> jknoors@zonnet.nl 05/12/00 04:33AM >>>
So , you have a Amiga 1000 under linux?
I had one too, I still have some nice ADF's
Intrested?
Jef