Re: Antwort:Re: Why italian ?

From: Michele Andreoli (m.andreoli@tin.it)
Date: Fri May 05 2000 - 14:26:55 CEST

On Fri, May 05, 2000 at 12:37:21PM +0200, Martin_Doering@mn.man.de nicely wrote:
> FIAT is latin!!!!!!
>
> And it means: It may happen. As in "fiat lux".

More precisely, it is an "imperative". We have to translate with "Be lights!",
or "lights on!", or I'm wrong? "It may happen" indicate hypothesis.
Following you, FIAT should means "Fortunate If she stArTs".

In Italy, during '70, to criticize FIAT management political behaviour,
Dario Fo (italian Nobel prize for literature) told "fiat voluntas tuas!"
in a piece of his.

> But what has this all to do with muLinux?

Nothing, if we are lucky :-)

Out of joke, muLinux, in my feeling, is an opportunity to
contact friends world-wide and to communicate with him about
a common (rather accidental) subject.