Re: [mu Tech] Help: SCSI driver

From: Michele Andreoli (m.andreoli@tin.it)
Date: Fri May 05 2000 - 13:55:16 CEST

On Fri, May 05, 2000 at 10:29:08AM +0100, APabst@wella.de nicely wrote:

> I've got some other points:
>
> - I looked over the new DOStools. I liked the possibillity to
> set up muLinux without a floppy (for direct hd install), i.e.
> with loadlin and a minimalistic precompiled kernel. If I'm not
> mistaken this feature has gone, you have to create a boot floppy.

Yes. But the direct hd install always had required a shutdown
in full DOS mode. This floppy avoid to go throught this obscoure
step: the full DOS mode. The dream is to install also in NT, but
I can't test the feature.

> - When I changed the line 'vga=normal' to 'vga=extended' in the
> loadlin.cfg file the console bahves strange, i.e. only the
> upper half of the screen will be used. Do I have to change
> another config file (wich one?) or is it just impossible to
> use the small fonts?

Never noticed this problem, in my machine.

> - Starting X works fine. After shutting down and restarting it the
> mouse Logitech serial 3 button) behaves strange, i.e. the pointer
> can only be moved by the cursor keys, console windows can't be
> switched by <Alt><Fn>.
>
> Ok, lots of bugs, or maybe incompatibel user?

startx kill the gpm server: I alway got problem with gpm and X.

> PS: Michele, shall I send you the ncr53c8xx.o binary for inclusion
> in the modules.tgz?

Very good proposal: I will add in EXT addon.