Re: [mu TECH] A new installer for DOS

From: Michele Andreoli (m.andreoli@tin.it)
Date: Fri May 05 2000 - 13:24:26 CEST

On Thu, May 04, 2000 at 04:56:15PM +0200, dumas patrice nicely wrote:
> Hi,
>
> atto mancato in french is acte manqué.
>
> As far as I can explain and then translate in my fractured english :
>
> You make a lacked action when you say (or write on an e-mail ;) something
> different from the real thing you wanted to, by, for example changing one
> word into another or even into its contrary.
> For Freud, the important thing is not why you did a lacked action, but
> what words you exchange, because it can reveal some things on the way your
> unconscious work.

For example: in the 9r0 release is missed the new "file" command from
A. Costa. This is a "lacked action", i.e. deliberate
action. With this action my unconscious revealed the truth: following
Freud, I implicitily refused code better of mine!

A this argument I can oppose other: I added code from M. Angel,
T. Poindexter and other, all more ingenious compared my standard.

But, finally, it is that my email a full "lacked action", because
it shows I'm in need of explanations and excuses, so I'm surely guilty.

Ah, Freud, Great Man. Freud is from Austria, it's true?