386 w/ 4 megs ram

From: Greg Webster (greg@gadgeteer.net)
Date: Thu Jan 27 2000 - 05:04:22 CET

Looks like I got my ancient laptop to work! Because of the 4 megs ram
I had to go back to mulinux 4.0, but now at least I don't have to run
DOS/Win3.1 on the thing and it's become my PIM at work. I still have
to boot to DOS and then use linux.bat though.

Couple questions though...

I log in as root because there is no utility that I've found for
adding a user (no adduser or useradd). I can edit the password file I
suppose, but how do I create a password when I can't find a passwd
utility?

Is it possible to add support for a parallel port network interface?

Thanks,

Greg

--
       "The world's as ugly as sin, and almost as delightful"
                                   - Frederick Locker-Lampson