Re: [OT] Installing muLinux from floppy

From: Renato (renato@jfrj.gov.br)
Date: Wed Jan 26 2000 - 15:40:15 CET

Michele,

I am trying to make a Frankenstein based on an good old mainboard (386DX40 + 8M) and a 40MB laptop hard disk, without floppy drive (unfortunately I have no working 5-1/4 floppies anymore).
I cloned a UMSDOS mulinux installation to the HD but I could not configure it to work as master drive.
Do you know if the procedure you sugest below would work if I used root=/dev/hdb1 (first slave HD partition eith no master HD)?

Renato