Re: Re: Re: 7r5beta bug report (/etc/mtab)

From: Michele Andreoli (m.andreoli@tin.it)
Date: Tue Dec 28 1999 - 13:02:03 CET

On Tue, Dec 28, 1999 at 10:14:32AM +0000, Dave nicely wrote:

> > Very true, but I have spent the evening cloning to and from every possible combination of filesystem using the above hack and it works with ALL permutations.
> > Combinations or permutations ?? now there's a interesting discussion point..

Is order is important, then permutations is better: P(n,m); otherwise,
combinations C(n,m) take place.

In theory, in your test order shouldn't be significative, but we aren't
sure about. For example, if you perform some "second order" cloning
(i.e. cloning the cloned yet), order may be significative.

Thinking about the beatiful verse of Virgilio (the biggest latin
writer)
         "Fracti bello fatisque repulsi"

this is the first verse in Eneide, Book II. "Fracti bello", bellum=war
(do you remember De Bellum Gallicum title?). Then, "fracti bello"
means "scattered by the battle".

It is in this sense that muLinux screen's language is "fractured?".

Anyway, I learned my english from the mailinglist: then, if it is
fractured, this is caused by you, my friends: maybe, your english
is not so good, at the end :-))