Re: [mu Setup] problems with mouse and soundcard

From: Michele Andreoli (andreoli@pisoft.it)
Date: Tue Jun 22 1999 - 22:50:14 CEST

On Tue, Jun 22, 1999 at 07:27:00PM +0200, Hans-Juergen Geiss wrote:

> > Some IRQ conflict. Try this: cat /proc/interrupts.
> > Usually, for serial port are devoted irq 3 and 4. Are busy?
>
> It shows the following (no name mouse, shuttle sound systems 48):
>
> 0: 73920 timer
> 1: 1794 keyboard
> 2: 0 cascade
> 3: 26 + serial
> 6: 11 + floppy
> 13: 1 math error
> 14: 9743 + ide0
>
> When I move the mouse and call cat /proc/interrupts again, the number
> after 3: will be increased. Does that mean the interrupts will be done?

Ingenius man! I think you are right. Your argument suggest me a
better systest ...

> The systest command shows still no reaction on it.

Don't trust in this rustic script, please. try using gpm mouse server,
the final response:

                gpm -t ms -r 10 -m /dev/ttyS?

Help with gpm -h. gpm never fail.

> > mu6r3 comes with TWO sound module for sound-blaster: one irq=5, the
> > other irq=7. Try irq=7. Warning: only SB.
>
> The original Sound-Blaster on the other computer (the one with the
> Logitech mouse) works correct. The one who doesn't is a compatible card
> (shuttle sound systems). If I understood right, it is not necessary to try
> 6r3 for the none Sound-Blaster?

Yes, it's true.

> > Isn't important the vendor name, but the protocol: serial or bus?
> > Try all combinations.
>
> It is pluged in the serial port...

:)) A metallic muLinux fan, this. Are you german?

> > will be R^4 possibilities :)
>
> Fine, I thougt it would be much more.
> So it takes only a few generations. ;-)

ROTFL!
You know the Minkowsky quadrimentional space?
Hans, be honest: you've made technical studies, isn't true?