[mu Setup] problems with mouse and soundcard

From: Hans-Juergen Geiss (hj.geiss@t-online.de)
Date: Tue Jun 22 1999 - 19:27:00 CEST

Hello Michele.

Thanks for trying to help.
> What's the muLinux release?

6r2

> Some IRQ conflict. Try this: cat /proc/interrupts.
> Usually, for serial port are devoted irq 3 and 4. Are busy?

It shows the following (no name mouse, shuttle sound systems 48):

 0: 73920 timer
 1: 1794 keyboard
 2: 0 cascade
 3: 26 + serial
 6: 11 + floppy
13: 1 math error
14: 9743 + ide0

When I move the mouse and call cat /proc/interrupts again, the number
after 3: will be increased. Does that mean the interrupts will be done?
The systest command shows still no reaction on it.

> mu6r3 comes with TWO sound module for sound-blaster: one irq=5, the
> other irq=7. Try irq=7. Warning: only SB.

The original Sound-Blaster on the other computer (the one with the
Logitech mouse) works correct. The one who doesn't is a compatible card
(shuttle sound systems). If I understood right, it is not necessary to try
6r3 for the none Sound-Blaster?

> Isn't important the vendor name, but the protocol: serial or bus?
> Try all combinations.

It is pluged in the serial port...
I also tried serial and bus protcol.

/dev/ttyS0
/dev/logibm

It did not work.

With /dev/ttyS0 cat /proc/interrupts shows (Logitech mouse, SB 16):

 0: 28582 timer
 1: 682 keyboard
 2: 0 cascade
 3: 1 + serial