[mu PROGRESS] multi-user support for muLinux and other

From: Michele Andreoli (andreoli@pisoft.it)
Date: Fri May 28 1999 - 21:35:58 CEST

Hi,

implemented a true authentication in muLinux, with a true /bin/login,
passwd etc.

The script /bin/login act as a wrapper+diversion. The true logon
happens solely if EXT if mounted, in transparent way.
Shell history also work.

Only a little problem: I've made, in the past, a pretty hash with
file permission and owner in muLinux filesystem and I cannot foresee
what binaries and features simply don't work for a not priviliged user.

Multi-user support is'nt useful without some robust telnetd of rlogind
daemon, therefore maybe this feature will be removed in the future :)

I've done a full rebuilding in the modules directory structure,
adopting finally the Linux standard structure:

                2.0.36/misc 2.0.36/block ... etc

In this way, you can load a module with:

                # setup -m misc/lp
                # setup -m net/3c509