Re: Boot Problem

From: winsor (winsor@wi.net)
Date: Wed May 19 1999 - 00:06:07 CEST

Bernhard Reiter wrote:

> On Tue, May 18, 1999 at 09:54:41PM +0000, Michele Andreoli wrote:
> > On Tue, May 18, 1999 at 12:50:44PM -0500, Bernhard Reiter wrote:
> > > Tell users that if install.bat fails, with soem tar error
> > > it might be the case that they don't have that file mut*.tgz in binary
> > > format.
> >
> > Please, Bernhard: you have got a corrupted mulinux.tgz?
> > This is the first report of this kind: other reports was related to
> > addons archives.
> Yes after downloading it with netscape via Windows95 from different
> locations my .tgz was corrupted. But I could download it with
> lynx from a unix machine and resolved that problem.
>
> > > Back to my problem, when I run install.bat (from Drive e:)
> > > where everything is installed accordingly to the guide, it loads the
> > > kernel, but cannot mount the root filesystem resulting in kernel panic:
> > > cannot mount root filesystem on 03:41.
(clipped for size)
I get the same error message and the same Kernel panic on this machine
P-233MMX 1.6 GIG bios tweaked for linux.......I had to move the
distribution files to an old 386 notebook that I own to create the
install diskettes.....after the disks were created MUlinux installed and
runs great on this machine, but I still have no idea what the problem
could be:-(
any help on this subject would be greatly appreciated
signed
winsor