Re: pppd

From: Michele Andreoli (andreoli@pisoft.it)
Date: Tue May 04 1999 - 01:37:24 CEST

On Mon, May 03, 1999 at 05:11:41PM +0100, Nick Gribble wrote:
> I still can't get my usual modem recognised by mulinux. I've now put a
> second modem in which masquerades as a port (COM4) at least as far as
> Windows is concerned, but neither this nor the other will play ball using
> either the probe's irq and memory settings nor those which W95 reports as
> being allocated. Am I wrong to think that the settings should be the same
> for W95 and mulinux or maybe W95 allocates its own settings depending on
> some other criteria? Either way, I now have 2 modems attached, one as a
> modem in an ISA slot and the other as a port in an ISA slot and I can't get
> access to either of them. Does anyone have any ideas?
> Nick Gribble
> nick@scottishtowns.freeserve.co.uk

They are internal modem? Remember: Linux don't recognize so called WIN Modem.

If you know this port as COM4, use /dev/ttyS3 in muLinux.

Try manually:

                # setserial -b /dev/ttyS3 auto_irq autoconfig

and look in /proc/interrupts and /proc/devices (using "info", for ex.)

Mic

--
Mi sarebbe piaciuto concludere con un'affermazione positiva, ma
non me ne vengono in mente. Vanno bene due negative?