pppd

From: Nick Gribble (nick@scottishtowns.freeserve.co.uk)
Date: Mon May 03 1999 - 18:11:41 CEST

I still can't get my usual modem recognised by mulinux. I've now put a
second modem in which masquerades as a port (COM4) at least as far as
Windows is concerned, but neither this nor the other will play ball using
either the probe's irq and memory settings nor those which W95 reports as
being allocated. Am I wrong to think that the settings should be the same
for W95 and mulinux or maybe W95 allocates its own settings depending on
some other criteria? Either way, I now have 2 modems attached, one as a
modem in an ISA slot and the other as a port in an ISA slot and I can't get
access to either of them. Does anyone have any ideas?
Nick Gribble
nick@scottishtowns.freeserve.co.uk