Go to the SunSite!

From: Brett G. Castleberry (bcc9746@garnet.acns.fsu.edu)
Date: Sun Apr 25 1999 - 05:43:18 CEST

Mr. Andreoli, that's a good offer! I've been reading your list for several
months, and enjoying it for the information as well as for your good humor.
I have an old machine, a Compaq 386 25e (4mb RAM, 65mb hd, Win3.1) that was
given to me. With the idea of cloning MuLinux onto it to play with, I made
the floppy at work on my 486, where it boots ok, and tried it on the 386,
which complains, "cannot read disk". I am assuming that this is because the
3.5" floppy drive is drive B on this old machine, (A being the old, what,
5.25"? drive). This has given me trouble before. Before I got the nice
machine I'm writing this on, I used the 386 to wordprocess, and the B drive
problem interfered with installation of programs saved in A at work. Must I
physically switch the wiring between the two drives to solve this?
    At any rate, thank you for your marvelous little linux. It was so easy
to install at work, and it gave me the confidence to do a umsdos
installation of ZipSlack on this machine. You might make it more obvious to
readers that MuLinux will automatically format the floppy to hold 1722k. I
looked for floppy formatting freeware for some time before I read this fact
in Sr. Pena's (sorry, my kbd doesn't put the ~ above the n) doc. We don't
know about fdformat over here.
    Have you all seen the small DosLinux (13mb compressed) using the new
kernal at:
http://www.tux.org/pub/people/kent-robotti/index.html ?
    Thank you all.

Brett G. Castleberry