Re: Go to the SunSite!

From: Michele Andreoli (andreoli@pisoft.it)
Date: Sun Apr 25 1999 - 12:34:24 CEST

On Sat, Apr 24, 1999 at 11:43:18PM -0400, Brett G. Castleberry wrote:

> Mr. Andreoli, that's a good offer! I've been reading your list for several
> months, and enjoying it for the information as well as for your good humor.

Thx for the "good humor". I tryed to contact www.sunsite.auc.dk, without
success: host not found.

> looked for floppy formatting freeware for some time before I read this fact
> in Sr. Pena's (sorry, my kbd doesn't put the ~ above the n) doc. We don't
> know about fdformat over here.

I have to be more clear in README.Dos, concerning floppy formatting.

> Have you all seen the small DosLinux (13mb compressed) using the new
> kernal at:
> http://www.tux.org/pub/people/kent-robotti/index.html ?
> Thank you all.

I compiled a new generation kernel (2.2.2) and done some trial with muLinux.
Many tools simply don't work (route, ipfwadm, loadlin, etc) and
some recompilation activity is needed.

But the major problem is the size: about additional 100k and more RAM
engaged. This kernel don't work on 386/4M, I believe.

Ciao
Michele (Mike, Michael - a male name)

--
Mi sarebbe piaciuto concludere con un'affermazione positiva, ma
non me ne vengono in mente. Vanno bene due negative?