Re: [mu OT] some fuzzyness...

From: Karl-Heinz Zimmer (khz@stardivision.de)
Date: Tue Apr 06 1999 - 10:29:24 CEST

Am 01.04.1999, 17:59:33, schrieb Michele Andreoli:

> On Thu, Apr 01, 1999 at 11:07:07AM, Karl-Heinz Zimmer wrote:
> > you should know, that i was born in Trier (Augusta Treverorum)
> > which is located on the beautiful river Mosel.

> Trier? Treviri ? The Karl-Marx town?

Who's that ?
One of the Marx Brothers ?

> > Ok: WE never talk about other people's wines: we got Riesling!

> light wine, like spumante.
[...]
> Ancient romans people made wins when germans shavent their beards
> with sharp stones :))))

Hi Mic !

Might it be that there's some misunderstanding ?

Who do you think brought the wine to germany ?

Eh ? - The Romans, of course.

My grand-grand-(...)parent DID climb down from the trees and learned
from your ancestors the art of wine cultivation. In order to make it
really good they looked for the part of germany that was very best
capable to make a good wine and found the beautiful Mosel valley.
Short time after that they begun to EXPORT their wine to Italy and
everywhere else in the known world...

Today many, many cultivated people throughout the world drinks fine,
DRY wine from Mosel and finds it great. (We use Spumante for making
limonade or something similar.)

I do only know ONE region making better wine: Châteauneuf-du-Pape in
France, but unfortunately many other people share my opinion and so
the price of that liquid is nearly unaffordable for me. :-(

But it seems to me that we wont find an agreement in that topic.
:-)))

Anyway: when we finally will meet in Italy we can simply make a little
test: you could try our first class extra dry product and i will do my
best to drink some spumante. Maybe after (some hours of testing) we
will find that both are Ok.

See you,

    Karl-Heinz