RE: UMSDOS INSTALLATIONS

From: John Pigdon (John_Pigdon@hallchadwick.com.au)
Date: Tue Apr 06 1999 - 03:44:00 CEST

Michele, I think I have found what has been causing these problems.
I thinks the DOSTOOLS.ZIP on the http download site has somehow become an
older version. The install.bat file is the older one which didn't work with
8.3 file names in DOS and the MULINUZ is dated 16 dec 98, not Jan 99.

When I used another DOSTOOLS.ZIP I already had, together with 5r2, the
UMSDOS installation worked perfectly.

Thanks

Michele, I had the same problem as this after all new files from your site
2 day ago.

This is the first time I have tried the UMSDOS install and I could not get
it to work at all.

Is there any other possible reason for it?

PS, compared to my Italian, the "<bad-english>" is definitely not bad at
all. Thanks for the efforts to translate to English.